Are you a bad @$$ when it comes to one footed spins?
Then we’ve got the competition for you! Join us on Friday during late night (ok… it’s more like 1 AM on Saturday) for our One Foot Spin Strictly competition!
So…how’s it gonna work? We’re still working out the rules but here’s what we’re thinking so far:
- You must have a weekend pass to compete. Don’t have your pass yet! Go get one right now silly!
- Couples will be comprised of one leader (the spinner) and one follower (the “spin-ee”)
- You can only compete with one partner in this competition. Ex: Leaders can’t compete with more then one follower. So pick your partner wisely!
- No Fouette spins. Not sure what these are? Check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo250jmBl6I
- You must stay on the ball of one foot while you’re spinning (You don’t need to be on point). If both feet touch the ground or you switch feet, your turn is done.
- Entree into the competition will be cash on the floor (probably somewhere between $5-$10 per couple).
- We plan on running this as an all-skate final.
- The DJ will likely play a phrase of a well-known song that sets you up to do one-foot spins on the break. Alternatively, someone will count you in (ie 5,6,7,8, Spin)
- The winner will be the couple who stays spinning the longest on one foot without falling out of their spin.
- For now, we’re gonna say this is open to all levels except Champion competitors. If we have enough interest from the Champs, we might do a separate one-foot competition for them if time allows on the schedule.
- Note: Any of these rules are subject to change all the way up to the competition.
So what’s the next step? Go get your weekend pass to SwingTime if you haven’t already!