Note: Did you know registration for SwingTime 2018 is now open?! I know, we're excited too. 🙂 Click here to get your event pass and register for your competitions!
Welcome to the official event website for SwingTime (formerly Swingtime in the Rockies)! One of the longest running WSDC Registry events in the US!
We will be posting an official schedule soon with times. In the mean time, here's the general outline!
Hey, it’s your new co-event director, Jonathan Prichard! =) Buckle up your seatbelts because SwingTime is making some very big changes for 2018. We're going to time travel to the past, the future, and the present all in one weekend. Who knows...you might even experience a time travel paradox along the way!
Registration will be open very soon for event passes and comps. Stay tuned for details!
Here is what I am allowed to tell you, so far about what’s going on for 2018...
We are going to have:
Designed to Accelerate Your Growth as a Dancer
- Leveled Concept Based Workshops with No Auditions: Material taught will be based on your WSDC competitor level (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced/Allstar). Participants who don’t compete or who feel like they should be in a higher level class may “experience” any of the upper level classes. What does that mean? You must bring a partner with you to the class and place yourselves off to the sides of the floor out of the class rotation (instructors & door monitors will be checking wrist bands and making sure you arrived with a partner). Don't have a partner? No problem! We'll have a sign up sheet over by registration with people looking for partners. Alternatively, you could look for a partner on the Rooms, Rides, & Strictly Partners Facebook Page.
- Solo Tracks: designed to challenge you as a solo dancer (hip hop, jazz, contemporary, etc)
- Concept Focused Intensives (separately ticketed): Instructors will do a deep dive into a particular topic designed to push your skill level. (Footwork, Movement Lab, etc)
- Early Riser Classes - Dancers’ Stretch and Yoga for Dancers
Epic Social Dancing
- The best DJs on the WCS circuit ready to keep you social dancing until the wee hours for 4 days!
- Friday Night Theme - Time Travel to the Past: Travel back to whatever time period you want! We recommend wearing time period appropriate clothing so others don’t know you’re from 2018. Some ideas to get you started: T-Rex, Cave-people, medieval King/Queen, 1800s, 1920/50/60/70/80/90, etc. Or go in a different direction and dress up as a time traveler from any time travel movie or any movie character from the past! (Google is your friend!)
- Time Travel Costume Contest: Best costume during the Friday night dance gets a free pass to SwingTime 2019.
- Saturday Night Theme - Travel to the Future “Black Light Glow Dance”: Travel to any time period in the future you wish! Imagine hundreds of dancers from the future all came together for one epic black-light West Coast Swing dance. What year are you from? Who will you be? Think of all the movie characters from the future (Star Wars, Blade Runner, 12 Monkeys, 2001 Space Odyssey, Demolition Man, Back the Future II, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc….Google is your friend!). We will have black lights running and a “Glow station” with free supplies to help get your glow on. If you have clothing that glows under black light, throw it in your suitcase!
Competitions for Everyone!
- Fun Comps (New for 2018)! - One Foot Spin Strictly Contest, Invitational Footwork Battle, Time Warp Open, Switchlies (switch dance roles), Winners Circle J&J (Top 3 Winning Leaders & Followers in Novice dance with Top Three Winning Leaders/Followers in Champions).
- WSDC JnJ (Prelims on Friday Night & Finals on Saturday Night): Juniors, Newcomer, Novice, Intermediate, Masters, Advanced, All-Star, and Champions.
- Strictly (On Sunday afternoon): Pro-am, Novice, Intermediate, Masters, Advanced, All-Star/Champions
- Pro-Am divisions: Pro JnJ, Pro-am Strictly, Pro-am Routines
- Routines: Pro-Am, Rising Star, Showcase, Classic (Note: We are no longer affiliated with NASDE)